Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Not my idea, but perfect for the red notebook

When I first started talking about this notebook, people kept saying they didn't know what to do. And the few people who have received the notebook have mentioned that they weren't sure what they should do...until they did it.*

Most people who know me know that I hate old people (and emoticons and foam soap). I also hate Valentine's Day and all the other holidays completely invented by card companies. I am not a fan of the City of Lewiston, because we appear to be magnetically charged in opposites and physically repel each other (that is, I get lost every time I go there). And I hate getting up early.

But.

Next Tuesday, I will get up an hour early so I can leave work an hour early and go to Lewiston with two co-workers to deliver roses and handmade valentines to some old people in a nursing home there.

Operation Flowers was not my idea, but I loved it the second my co-worker Danielle mentioned it. Partly because it reminded me how much fun it was to hand flowers to random strangers while filming the Bad Bad World video, but also because it just seemed like something unusually decent to do. Something to make the world suck less. It sounded like a red notebook project.

And so, I wanted to mention it, in case anyone gets stuck along the way and needs some inspiration.




* I have no idea what anyone has done outside of the little vague explanations here in this blog. It's driving me a little bananas, since I know I won't be seeing the final results for some time. Patience sucks.

2 comments:

  1. Lewiston does not suck. You're just missing the most awesome tour guide ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I didn't say Lewiston sucks. I said I'm not a fan. And you can probably back me up on the magnetic polarization hypothesis.

    2. Yes, I AM missing the most awesome tour guide ever. (Come home.)

    ReplyDelete